Friday, December 14, 2007

Grille Zone - Boston, MA - 2007-12-13

Grille Zone
This review pulled from my personal blog...

Along with b.good, Grille Zone makes their own patties in house from fresh ingredients. The Grille Zone patty is about twice as “volumous” though. It's also a bit softer of a patty, I think it could use to be grilled a bit more than they do. I’ve been twice and while the second time it was a bit more manageable, next time I go I’m going to ask for them to cook it a little more than usual and see how it turns out. The patty is excellent, and the toppings (I usually get lettuce, tomato and pickles) are very good too. The bread, while good for what it is, is a regular white bun. I forgot last time to ask to see if they have any other types.

update 2007-12-14

Last night I went back. No whole wheat buns, but its been a big request so the employees there that night said they’re hoping it gets looked into. They also said they tried sweet potato fries but that they’d need another fryer cause it gunks up the oil a lot faster than the regular fries and so wouldn’t be good to use one fryer for both. No info on the farms they get their produce and meat from, but they’ll tell the boss that theres interest in that. I asked for the patty to be “cooked a little longer than they normally do” which they did, and let me tell you , it was *amazing*. I’d say it was at least 50% better than the first two times i had it. That little bit extra cooking gave a good caramelization to the patty as well as holding together better.

Rating: 9.2

No comments: